3.06.2009

The Work that Goes into Conference Presentations

My goodness, conference presentations can take forever to put together. I've been doing the media-part of my CCCC presentation ... for the past three days. Taking fore-ev-or. It reminds me of a video thing I put together a few years ago (for a conference) on Facebook; that one took a long time too.

What I do like about doing media-rich presentations, though, is that they tend to be a bit more durable than a regular old paper. I mean, I guess you can post a conference paper online; but who does?

So anyway: I'll try to post my prez in the next couple of days. Maybe even before the conference itself.

2 comments:

  1. Please do post it. I'd be really interested to see what it looks like. My powerpoint presentations now almost always have a lot of embedded video which means a lot of embedded anxiety. They are like money in the bank, though. I can't exactly post mine because of all that freakin' video, which I can't figure out where to place, but it means that I can give a pretty entertaining paper without prepping much, or even having my paper with me. I still tend to read from a "script" as they'd say in communication, but it's just normal, because all the best parts are in the writing.

    anyway, I am a multimedia noob and my presentations are half-ass. I'd like to see some more skillful ones. I was burned by Keynote crashing multiple times and now stay away from it.
    you will like this: the word verification for today is "retor." i'm not kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phwooosh! Got it done late last night after sever software glitches. I put it online (as a .mov) but will wait til after I present to publish the link.

    ReplyDelete