4.30.2008

Paintings with Eye Patches

To the right of our main circulation desk here at UIUC, hangs this painting vernacularly titled "Guy with Eye Patch." Eye-patch paintings exist, I think, in alignment with statues wearing glasses, in that the easily removable optical gear is preserved for posterity.


And having found many more eye-patch photos and paintings online, I think I'll have to blog/think about this more. In the case of the eye patch, I understand why the patch would be part of the painting; in the case of glasses, I still think it's goofy.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting.......I am a global painting manufacturer supplier and looking for partners globally. If any one interest please contact me through this website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mr. Roberta,

    Thank you for the information about painting in the global context. I'll be painting my house later this summer and will keep you in mind for a gallon or two!

    ReplyDelete