12.08.2007

PubCasts

A few weeks ago, before presenting at SLSA, I posted a short video version of my conference paper. I don't know where I got this idea, but it was kind of fun to do.

Related to this use of video, GH tells me about scivee.tv, a site dedicated to pubcasts: video presentations of current research. Perusing the videos on the site (which focuses on science), I see that some of the videos are pretty polished with others being like way diy.



I think this use of online video is pretty interesting and cool: a leveraging of online video for the distribution of academic knowledge in a way that's very personal and low-key. Many of the videos come bundled with pdfs of related articles, and the video format makes it easy to present many more images than we typically see in print.

So yeah: consider cutting a video of your next conference presentation or article.

1 comment:

  1. Um...why were you searching about urethral catheters?

    Pretty soon I'll be able to start my own Foleys! I'll be sure to let you know when I've mastered the skill.

    ReplyDelete